Thursday, January 30, 2014

When Life Doesn't Go Your Way!

YEAH!!! 2 posts in 1 DAY!!
Shortly after I posted my previous post I received a phone call.
I answer and the lady on the other end is from the company I interviewed with.  My heart sank. I was still not ready to feel the rejection.  I am just no good at taking rejection.

We talked for a minuet or two, as I tried to keep back the tears I could feel in my heart and on the tips of my eyes.  I put my head down, so no one would see.  She talked, and I had a hard time listening.  She stated "the managers thought I had done a great job.  They could see my passion and devotion for the position"  In my head, I keep saying over and over and over the BUT.    However it didn't come.  She finally said "They would like to offer you the position, and they were so impressed they would like you to start ASAP, our training starts March 3"
 

---WHAT??????

Wait a second.  you want to what?

That was my mind.  She kept talking, and she asked me a question.  I apologized, because I had no idea what she had just said.  I was still in shock, and WHAT.  She told me I would receive a phone call the following day with the full offer details, but for now to just relax and know, I've got the job.
say what!!!!


WHAT!!!!!????

I im'ed my hub and and mother in law while I was still on the phone.
The first call I made was to my husband.  I was now holding back tears of joy.  HOW DID this happen.
He was so supportive  I got to spend the rest of the day, telling friends and family, that in a few short weeks, my degree had paid off and I would finally have a REAL CAREER!!!!

It was also nice that almost every one of my employees was sad to hear the news.  They were happy for me, but sad for them.

Hopefully now I will have even more financial knowledge to stare!!!!!!!!!
I am so excited to transfer to a university this spring! New life , new people, and I get to leave all the bad memories behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment