Friday, January 10, 2014

Financial Peace

Yesterday, like many days.. I listened to the Dave Ramsey Podcast! He was talking about since it is the first of a new year lot of places are staring up their financial peace class.
I have always waneted to take it, however... it just didnt seem to work out. I spent a few min, went to their website and found a location less then 1 mile from my house(in-laws).  The class is later then most have been offered, but considering my husband works late some nights, it means we can make it to every class, even if he does have to close his office.
I messaged him, and told him, I would really like to go to that class for my birthday. He agreed! :)
I AM ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!!

Then last night I spent the evening with my sister and her friend.  I told them about my class.  My sister has listened to his book, and has thought about the process, and her friend however is NOT a dave fan.  They (my sister and her friend) have their master degrees.  When they were going to school it was a FULL TIME PROGRAM! My sis worked about 4-6 hr a week, and that was hard with all of her school stuff.  Because of that, they both have their fair share of student loans.  Dave is NOT a fan of student loans... which I understand (knowing that we are currently paying my husbands off. and he doesn't have his Bachelors) but I was quiet sad that they wouldn't learn from him because of it. Dave is also coming to utah and I got tickets for my sister and I to see him in May, and I don't think she is on board as much anymore.

HOWEVER!!! Over the last 12 hr or so, I have spent alot of time thinking about peoples opinions.  Jon Acuff's book Start, talks alot about hate, and he also has gone on many podcasts talking about hate and how people hate.
I am NOT saying that my wonderful sis Hates this plan.  It is jus not her cup of tea. and that is OK.  Everyone has their own path to financial freedom, and I hope that this class will help me find mine.

And also, the purpose of this blog is to hopefully get my ideas out there, and help others on their path to become who they want to be with the help of others.

And I thought I will leave for you WHAT IS YOUR FINANCIAL FREEDOM?

No comments:

Post a Comment