Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Budgeting for Birthdays!

This week is the last week I will have an official "BABY" on Sunday he will turn 1!
Man how time FLY'S!!! lol
With the wonderful creation of pintrest.  There are so many out there with BIG FANCY ideas for their child's birthday.  
Mischief Managed! Baby's first birthday cake   Birthday idea! simple yet fun!  But the oreos should be dipped in white chocolate of course. birthday ideas Fun birthday idea

There is a blog (that I cant think of right now, but I hope to add it later) where there is a mom who feels so overwhelmed because her child does not have 
the perfect lunch.
Lunch for kid guests?   #gladinspiredlunches
Or the Perfect Bed

Gyerekszobák: 10+1 gyerekszobai inspiráció

Or the Perfect Planned out Crafts
Toilet Roll Men #craft #kids
I am NOT one of these moms.! 
When my Liam turned one.  I was SO EXCITED We went ALL OUT.  We bought every Baby's 1st! birthday thing we could, and we went crazy at the toy store.  We finally had a kid to buy for.  Then he turned 2 and to say that birthday #1 was big.  #2 was BIGGER...
Then, we started to learn.  We were on a SUPER TIGHT budget for his 3rd Birthday, SO I took him to the store and we looked at cakes, he didn't seem to be interested, however when we got to the bakery aisle he was in HEAVEN!! So I bought him the cake of his choice, and he and I make it and decorated it together.


Now as we prepare for our second sons birthday, I remember all the HOOPLA that we did for my first.  However, what difference did it make?  NONE 
So for my little Ewan, we decided to Save our pennies for something that will make a DIFFERENCE,  (getting out of debt and becoming financial free) and keeping his Birthday simple.

Do you have any ways of saving your budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment