Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Millionare Next Door!



Thanks to AMAZON! I am now addicted to buying used books.  I know this sounds bad (IE Budget Breaking waiting to happen).  However, since i'm not buying text books the cost is alot lower.

I have had alot of books sitting in my amazon shopping cart ranging from $1- $1, and things worked out that it was time to buy some. 
I have received all the books and I will be sharing what I am learning.

The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy 
The Millionaire Next Door is a book that I have been waiting a LONG time to read.  I've tried getting it from the library, however they don't have it WTF!  I am about 50 pages into it, and I have learned SO MUCH!!!
There are 4 questions we should ask ourselves.
The following is a direct quote from the book. 
"Do you wish to become affluent and stay affluent? Can you answer "yes" candidly and honestly to four simple questions?"

"Question 1: Does your household operate on an annual budget?
Question 2: Do you know how much your family spends each year for food, clothing, and shelter?
Question 3: Do you have clearly defined set of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and lifetime goals?
Question 4: Do you spend a lot of time planning your financial future?"

These 4 really got me thinking.  I read them with my husband and thought oh ya i can say YES to the first 2, the second 2 we should work on.  His response was Maybe to the first to and 2 to the second 2.. OBVIOUSLY that means, if we would like to be affluent, we should adjust our lifestyle and answer YES to all 4 of these questions.  

GOAL: Between now and next Tuesday. I challenge each of you to sit down with your spouse or family and answer each of these questions and build a plan to make it happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment