Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Building Budget: OTHER

The horrible BLACK HOLE OF OTHER!!
Building the OTHER portion of the budget, I feel is the worst.

I used to have an other categorey for everything that other then Bills, Food, and Gas.  As you could guess this budget was a HUGE strain for the whole family.
In 2010 the years AVERAGE "OTHER" budget was $1,200, and it continued this way until this year.  It bugged me that I had NO IDEA where money really was going.
I looked and looked and looked for all different ideas this is what I came up for with categories.

Baby Supplies
Clothes
Dates
Education
Entertainment
Food
Housing
Kids Supplies
Office
Personal
Pet Supplies
Savings
Shopping
Technology
Toiletries
Toys/Gear
Transportation repairs
Vacation

I don't use all of these, and I feel that each family has to choose between having too many and not enough.  Over the last 8 months ours has morphed, but right now these are out categories. 
 
Boys
Church
Clothes
Dates
Gifts
House
Personal
Shady (dog)
Spending



Once you have all of these figured out you are ready to finally FULLY build the budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment