Monday, September 30, 2013

Laundry Room

It is already a WELL known fact that I LOVE LAUNDRY ROOMS!!!
This is our current laundry room with the current owners stuff.

Here are a few of my inspiration pictures, thanks to PINTREST :D

Laundry room makeover on a TINY budget + the rest of the house is full of DIY greats! 
This is one of my FAVORITES
I love the cabinet in the middle.

I have found this beauty that I would love to put there
Glacier Bay 27 in. Laundry Wall Cabinet in Country White 
Im not sure how it would fit in the space, but I think it would look nice.
However with the $89 price tag it is alittle steep, considering I think I would need at least 2 or so. 

I have also been looking at our local Craig list (KSL classifieds) to see if I can find something for about $40. 

The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking: {OrganizedHome} Day 28: Laundry Room Organization  
I love these sheelfs, I think they would look really nice above my sink.  I would prob make them alittle less tall, but still pretty cool.
 EKBY Ă–STEN/EKBY VALTER Wall shelf IKEA
I have found some good similarities at Ikea YES i LOVE IKEA! :) 
LACK Wall shelf IKEA The shelf becomes one with the wall thanks to the concealed mounting hardware. 
These average at about $10 each.  I have also found some at our hardware stores, so im not totally sure what my plan is, but im slowly thinking it though.

I really want to do THIS 
laundry or bathroom wall of hooks 
I have already told my wonderful hubby that I would like to add this style.  He is not really big into bold colors, he prefers neutrals, but Im thinking of doing a color like this for the upper half of the wall.  I love the clean lines of the white board bottom.   

OK ENTER MY GIRLY THING
KRISTALLER Chandelier, 3-armed IKEA The height is easy to adjust by using the S-hook or cutting the chain.
I stole this idea from House of Smiths blog.  However, with 3 boys in the house, I need alittle girly BLING.  This also REALLY makes me want to make the walls this COLOR Valspar 8-oz Pantone Sheer Lilac Interior Satin Paint Samplealong with the white.  
Im not sure if I will be able to convince the boys, however the laundry room IS mine, so I will see what I can do! :)

There is currently a big sink and counter, along with a big cabnet however, I would like to get rid of all of that.  Well not the sink.  I really would love to have  mud room

Simple built-ins to create a mudroom or storage anywhere from a kids room to a laundry room by adding shelves or a deeper bench for sitting. OR Laundry Room Organization 

I love how these cubby's look, and I think they would give a good use to our space.  I know that our space is smaller.  I would like to have a place for each of the 4 of us to have a drop zone.  IE shoes, purse, coat, backpacks, etc.

We currently have a 2 door system, from the garage into the house, so I would like to move the door from where it currently is, to enter a break between the laundry room and future mud room.
 
From this pic, i wold like to get rid of the counter next to the sink.  And add the door there.  I am not sure how that would go, so it is till very much in the air, but i would like the rest of that space for a mud room.


I have yet to figure out my estimated budget, but I know that this whole process will go SLOW, and I will be using alot of things I have around home to build my dream!

However I have put together a list of things to make it work for us.
  • Paint
  • New Washer and Dryer (our current ones are staying with the house)
  • Iron Station
  • New Light
  • Panels on wall 
  • Cabnets above Wash/Dryer
  • Shelf's above sink
  • Window treatment
  • Move door
  • Mud room plan
    • Place for coats, shoes, keys, etc
  •  sorting system?
Well as you can see there is LOTS of planning at this point.  I know that this is one of the rooms I would like to get working on just after we move in.  However we are not going to be buying our washer and dryer for a few days after we move in, so I would like to start with,
-taking down the current system on the wall, and Paint behind where the washer and dryer will go, and on the window wall.  We will see what happens!!!

Happy MONDAY everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment