Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Laundry room plan part 2

I'm gonna back peddle just a BIT.  You saw my beautiful lavender color I wanted to do the walls, well...I showed hubby, and he nixed that idea.  Needless to say, I was alittle sad :'( however, we have to work as a team right!
So I have NOT gotten the ok yet from hubby, but I think this is my new plan for the walls!
I love this TALL boards, so that is plan #1.  Add boarding and white to full wall, just like this.













However the top color, is NOT going to be my beautiful lavender.
So THIS is my How to from Young House Love (cause I know I will need alittle assistance) 

So I searched the wonderful internet, looking for a good paint color.  As I looked, I thought about my current house, and how I love the color of our current washer and dryer.  Needless to say, I have found a PERFECT color scheme!!

Valspar 8-oz Blackstrap Interior Satin Paint Sample

Blackstrap

Valspar 8-oz Crucible Interior Satin Paint Sample

Crucible

Valspar 8-oz High-Speed Steel Interior Satin Paint Sample

High-Speed Steel 

Valspar 8-oz Porcelain Shale Interior Satin Paint Sample

Porcelain Shale

Valspar 8-oz Academy Gray Interior Satin Paint Sample

Academy Gray

Valspar 8-oz Iron Frost Interior Satin Paint Sample

Iron Frost


Hopefully, it will look kinda like this (the walls) , when all is said and done. Now i just have to pick which ONE of those colors! :) lol


  OR
I really like the dark color, but im willing to compromise if chris doesn't like the dark.

I haven't asked the hubby  about the light, and since that is way down on the list.  I have even started thinking about some possible track lighting like we had in our family room, however they are not available anymore, i like this one 
HUSINGE Ceiling track, 5-spots IKEA You can easily direct the light where you want it because the arms and spotlights are adjustable.
However not necessary at this stage of planning (donesn't mean I cant Dream) :)

Also there is one last thing I would like to add

I think this will happen about the same time as the lighting, but I think that if I can find the right colors, it should look PRETTY!!  Here is how I plan to make it.
https://docs.google.com/a/utah.gov/forms/d/1AQYZ7BmnJKLB5oj0KVo2FK8gz8AokRa4CmdLSeIDysY/viewform
I am thinking of doing a gray or black with just a hint of color. But we will see how it looks!

Follow up: My wonderful hubby and I have now discussed the paint color, AND he approves.  Looks like right now my fave is Crucible and hubby's is High Speed Steel.  They seriously look almost the same, so we will have to look in person:)

Valspar 8-oz Crucible Interior Satin Paint Sample     Lily's                         Valspar 8-oz High-Speed Steel Interior Satin Paint Sample
Chris'

No comments:

Post a Comment