Monday, September 16, 2013

SHOWING!

Showing a house can be VERY stressful.  With 2 little ones at home, it is not an easy task.
So far we have been on the market for ONE week, and so far we have had 5 showings.
This is SO different from the last time we had our house on the market.  I am really praying for an offer.
Because I get VERY anxious when I dont have control over things, Ive been playing on pintrest prepping to move.  :)

The last time we moved, we got 2 boxes of boxes from my sister.  They were from costco and super nice.  However this time we don't have them.  We ARE going to be hiring movers, it makes it all worth wile to do this.  So we are slowly planning our steps. 

I have been searching the Blogging world for assistance, because I know there are some amazing minds out there.

Preparing to SALE!
We have tried to sale before, so we kinda know the drill.  Clean up EVERYTHING.  Ever last toy.  Give everything a place, and more then anything EXPECT that buyers will look in every drawer and cabinet.  Be ready for that.
We started by boxing up some stuff, and gratefully rather then renting a storage unit, we used my in-laws basement to keep a few boxes.This blog has some great ideas on little tips to prep.
HGTV talks alot about de-personalizing  your home, however our Realtor told us that people like a warm home, so some photos are good, just dont have a crazy wall that is overwhelming.  We removed all our crosses, since a cross in Utah is very out of place.  We cleaned up alot and got down to the nitty gritty.
Grout, inside and out of windows, cleaning out window wells, the like ;)

Stagging:
Once again, I looked to this blog for assistance. I love her pics.  I didn't take before pics, but I should have.  However we went though each and every step we could find online to help us stage our home, and make it look BEAUTIFUL!!

Showing:
We have a wonderful loving dog, however it is best to keep the pup out of the house when showing.  We also have light carpet so alot shows up.  We have spot cleaned with our carpet cleaner, and we try each day to vacuum, keep on top of the laundry, clean the mirrors, all counters, and of course make the beds.  This is our daily ritual!

Packing:
I have been collecting up boxes from work, and so has my handsome honey.  Hopefully we will be packing them full soon, and I plan to use these awesome labels.  I was planning to just write on the boxes, but so far im liking these.  So prob use a mix..



No comments:

Post a Comment