Friday, July 12, 2013

Learning what I already knew

A few years ago, my husband came home from some time with friends. He said that one of them was talking about budgeting, and well he knows how much I LOVE to make budgets so he listened. She was talking about “Dave Ramsey plan” I looked him up online and liked what I saw.

I called our friend and asked for the low down. She had been introduced to him by her mother, she lent me his book on tape, “The Total Money Makeover.”



I listened to it and jumped on board....or so I thought. I listened it it the first time in 2008. I was working nights while my husband worked days so we wouldn't have to take our precious baby to daycare. I wish I could say I started the plan then, but I didn't. Over the next 4 yr I always had his plan in the back of my mind. I would read the book, listen to the book on tape, listen to him on the radio, but never truly attack.

It all came crashing down Dec 2012. Personal life was a mess, and we had no money for Christmas. Our joint account credit card was maxed out, my hubby’s card was maxed and we wanted a big Christmas. We did what any person would do... RIGHT? We got ANOTHER credit card. So after that and a few other family WOES in February 2013 we screamed "ENOUGH" and hopped Dave Ramsey band wagon.

Time to hold on tight.
I am going to be totally open and out there. With EVERYTHING... How much we make, how much we spend. etc
HH and I got on a written budget, however once again not perfect but we are trying.

I wish I could say we are 100% faithful....but we aren't.  We are REAL


No comments:

Post a Comment