Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kids Matter

Today when I dropped off my boys at daycare there was a bunch of forms laid out over the desk, I saw one with my last name on it, so I picked it up.  I folded it and put it in my purse to be read when I got to work.
Shortly after arriving at work I found a free moment and pulled the form out of my purse.  Over the last few months there have been notes here and there along with cute signs while entering daycare that say "Today's Monday! Tuition is due today!!"  Etc.

The form says that the majority of accounts are delinquent... As I read, I felt a little guilt mixed with confusion.  I try really hard to budget out my bills and daycare is one I keep a close eye on.  As I got to the end of the form it read "If you have been making regular payments & do not have a balance then THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for helping us & doing your part!

So I get to the bottom of the letter when I see a cute handwritten note "No Balance Due! Thanks for regular payments on time! :)"

SIGH!! What a relief.. However after reading it I sat here at work thinking.  I expect to get paid for my job.  I love that I work and I LOVE that I have a safe place for my boys to go while I am at work.  I love that they care for them, and love them... the least I can do is pay on time, every month.
I would do anything for my boys! I feel that we all would for our children.  Why are there so many out there that feel they can just wait for someone else to pick up the bill.

Am I alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment