Thursday, July 25, 2013

Breaking Down the Budget!

The hardest part about money is the BUDGET!
 
We can all say it is simple. because it is, but that doesn't make it fun.
The best way to make your money work, is to give each dollar a name.  Easier said then done right...

We all know the breakdown.

Bills
Food
Other.

Pretty simple... RIGHT??

However we budget out amounts without TRULY looking at it.

A budget is not a one time thing.  It is a constant changing living document.

This gives some good ideas as to how to start building your budget, but this is my style.

For the next few days I will go over categories

#1 BILLS

these are those annoying things that we ALL must pay... well if we want to keep a roof over our head and heat in our home.

I am gonna list the bills I have at MY house
Daycare
Mortgage
HOA
Power 
Questar
Medical
Car Insurance
Qwest
AT&T
Netflix
 I have tried to list these in importance.
For the most part we can guess what our averages are for each of these items.  Remember how I told you I wasn't going to hold back, well here are my numbers. ON AVERAGE for the last 18 months or so.
Daycare:   $800
Mortgage $1200
HOA        $110
Power      $100
Gas           $50
Medical    $50
Car Ins     $115
Internet     $35
Cell Phone $150
Netflix       $9
TOTAL MONTHLY BILLS $2,619

That does NOT included ANY debt.. which we do have

So now that we have those numbers we will start there.

Start by listing ALL your bills, not including debt, and see what your monthly requirements are just to keep life moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment