Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Excitement!

I am so excited for my new budget! I CANT WAIT to see the needle move! However, it will take a long time to get to that point.

That aside, Last night I observed an interesting thing. 
Some people were over at our house/my in-laws, talking with them.  Hubby and I were sitting on the couch and kinda half listening to the conversion, we were kind of a part of.  They were talking about some of their debt.  They have a RV on which they are WAY upside down.  They were talking poorly about the bank, and stating that the bank totally messed up the loan, and they owe way more then they should.  They were complaining it to their car loans, etc.   I sat back listening and smiling to myself.

In the middle of this conversation, my wonderful honey stated "we paid off our 4runner today" to which they snuffed, and between them and my inlaws, joked that they will never pay off their car, and even if they did, they would get a new one.  I understand that is how it is for some, but for me I don't care that much about cars.  You have NO idea how proud I was of Chris.  I swear I prob could have teared up!

Oh, sorry about that little moment! lol  However, they were going on that the bank says they owe 4,900 more then they think they do, and they are still further in debt on that one item, then hubby and I have TOTAL.  They also dicussed the frustration that the bank is stealing all of their money.

Me being, well me.  Sat listening and built an amortization table to see what they should still owe.  Chris was sitting next to me and tried to get me to speak up, but I didn't want to. But I did, I asked the wife, who was sitting near us about what they owed and according to my calculations the bank is shockingly... RIGHT on the money!

So, this got me thinking about how many of us BLAIM the banks, for our lack of knowledge.  It is quite sad if you really think about it.  It has gotten me even more excited about getting out of debt so that we can pay off the house faster and start giving and investing!!

Quote of the day
"never invest in anything you don't understand!" -Dave Ramsey
I love this quote because I think it can apply to so many things when it comes to money. Wither it be debt, investing, loans, etc.  I think that being able to understand your money, is the first step to controlling your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment