Wednesday, October 2, 2013

New House Budget

Well, the excitement has subsided like A TINY ITSY BITTY BIT!! At this point, it is just time to pack and WAIT!!!
We have the appraisal back on our current home, and it is good to go, by the end of the week we will know about the new house (I don't really have any concern about that).  So here we are......Sitting..... Waiting.... oh ya PACKING! :) lol
I have been packing little by little and hope to have the whole house packed soon.  I will wait on the finishing things in the kitchen and the bedrooms until we are closer, but for now we just wait for 3 weeks for it to be finished.
NO! im not complaining! Because we still have SO much more that we need to do, and the #1 top priority for that is the BUDGET!
Yes, I already know I have a very unhealthy obsession with my budget! I love it! :)
And I have to say I think it is a good thing in this situation. 

I'm not sure if i have admitted it yet, but now is the time (enter confession) our mortgage is going to go up, like ALOT.  When looking for homes, we had a time frame on it all on purpose.  We were going to be debt free before we took on anything else.  Well, obviously we decided to try something else.  No I don't feel we were being completely reckless, however we did change our plan.  However that is what life is, plans changing and adjusting to these changes no matter how hard and frustrating they may be.

While looking for images for this page I found this AWESOME article from Lifehacker If you dont currently read likehacker you SHOULD! :) lol
I don't all the time, but my hubby reads it everyday and shares what he thinks I will like.! :D  I caught me a good one!

As I have posted over the past week or so, I am getting anxious about not filling our house, and I know me, I like things MY WAY! :) lol  However, I'm trying my best to slowly and consistently place my foot on the break and WAIT!

My GOAL now is to build our new budget!!
I am once again using the same categories that we had before, however with a slight change. 
As ALWAYS! ;) I created a new google spreadsheet with out bills, revolving spending, and income.  I started with the bills, paid them first, then went down entered in each category and realized I had more month at the end of my money.
OK, Try #2.  Start with income..... then take out BILLS ONLY... This leaves me with about $700! A Month YEAH??? That does not count gas for our cars.  When we pull that out, it leaves us with about $300 for EVERYTHING ELSE?!?
....hum....

So out of this $300 I need to find a way to feed my wonderful family of 4+dog.  take care of home expenses, keep clothes on my boys, and keep us from killing each other. 
Well today is day 2!!!! of this journey!
So far we are doing REALLY WELL!! ;) 
We have a kitchen full of food, and healthy happy kids.  So we should be good.

I wanted to do the CASH system.  However, honestly I just haven't made it to the bank yet! ;) lol
So, at this point we don't need any.  I plan to go to the grocery store on sat or sunday.  I'm gonna try my best to have a food plan before then, go though the adds, and shop from our home.  
Since we will be moving in a SHORT 3 weeks, i think there is VERY LITTLE that we will need to buy! :)

Here we go on our Next chapter of this adventure called LIFE!!!

~If life was easy where would all the adventures be?~ Philippians 3:13-14 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment