Thursday, October 24, 2013

Freezer Meals Try 1

I have tried time and time again to make a meal plan and stick to it, however I have NOT been able to do it yet, and I have a feeling that it wont be happening any time soon either.  I try and it lasts a few days, but not long.  I am now on a new plan.  THINKING about it.  Each year during Lent, we give up something, the last time we lived with my in-laws we gave up eating out.  Over the past 2 weeks, with moving and stressing, we have eaten out $400+ worth.  Remember I am HONEST on here.
I am working on getting our new home (basement) settled, and with that, it also means preparing food so we are home. 
Pintrest has SO many ideas out there, and I am very grateful to all of you fellow blogger's and pinners.
A few weeks ago I went to the Dollar Tree and found some pans like this
mine are NOT fancy Hefty brand, however they were 2 for $1 so we will see how they go.  They sat on my counter at home for a few weeks, as we were preparing to move, it was time to make some freezer meals...? RIGHT?  Well I packed up our pots, and needless to say FORGOT. 
When I was at costco this weekend, I decided to buy a LARGE 5lb bag of mozzarella cheese, this is my motavation. I now HAVE to make these meals or all that cheese will go to waste.I have 4 pans so here is my current plan.
Meals
1. Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
2. My Family's Mac and Cheese Casserole 
3. Parmsan Chicken: My HUBBY'S Recipe with a few alterations by me!
4. Chicken Bruschetta

When I went to the store to get my food for this I happened upon CHICKEN ON SALE for $1.99 a lb so I got a bunch of that, and pork ribs were on sale for $1.35 a lb so I got a nice amount of ribs to make a yummy  crock pot dish this weekend.
I cant wait to get all of my boxes unpacked so I can see what other food we have in our "home" and build at least a few more meals from that! :)

I'm hoping to plan other meals so I don't use all of these frozen ones, but now that we have them, we can use them.

And since it is FALL!!! I am wanting to make some soups and have them frozen as well.  Then we can run by the store and get some bread or soup bowls and then we can have a nice cold weather meal! 


No comments:

Post a Comment