Thursday, October 3, 2013

Storage Room

I love organizing, therefore... I like my storage rooms to be 100% perfect! IN THEORY!! Lol
However storage rooms normally have the most stuff in them and are difficult to keep under control. 

Our new home has a very large beautiful storage room. I am excited to get started on it, and you have NO idea how excited I am to get ideas from Jen at iheartorganizing!!
Can some one say AMAZING!!!!! 
I seriously am in LOVE!! :) yes with a room!

Here is the space I am working with.

View from the door
Under porch cold storage
One of two walls of shelves 
Wall #2 of shelves.

I have already decided and asked hubby to be supportive. NOTHING goes in this room until I'm ready!! ;) hehe

Thanks to Jen. I have a whole breakdown of how I plan to do it.. However sometimes my ideas are bigger then me! ;) lol

I will start by painting the floor. Like she did here 
When I shows hubby. He honestly laughed out loud. Really your going to paint the floor. "Whatever you want" 
Ha
 
This is the new catch phrase for me! 
 

I totally LOVE the blue she used, however hubby isn't quite on board.  So a few days ago, I sent him Paint color after Paint color after Paint color.. until he had had MORE then enough! :) lol
At this point we have decided on
Valspar 8-oz Lush Sage Interior Satin Paint Sample orValspar 8-oz Dusty Leaf Interior Satin Paint Sample

Lush Sage                   or      Dusty Leaf

 


I love them both, so I am happy either way! I am using this type of paint and I am really hoping it will all turn out well!!
Valspar Gallon Interior/Exterior Satin Porch and Floor Paint

Beyond that, I want my storage room to look PRETTY!! :)
At this point I will be painting the wood White.  I have been on the fence between white and black, but I feel that at this point, nice clean colors would be very useful for this space.

I currently have alot of baby stuff to get organized, and I still have a huge garage storage area, so I think that for the most part, this will be the house to my scrapbooking stuff and baby items, until my little Ewan is too big for them!
Just imagine how BEAUTIFUL it will be, once I finish.

Budget for this project $50
I am hoping that the max I will need for this room is just Paint.
-Clean/Vacuum/Wipe down every service 
-Paint Floor
-Paint Shelves
-Match boxes
-Label EVERYTHING.


One day down the road. I would also like to add these

I have never been really big into food storage, however I think it would be very beneficial to get alittle stock pile.

I also want to put a deep freeze in this room as well

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment