Thursday, December 12, 2013

BLACK FRIDAY HYPE!

If you have been shopping on black Friday, or for that matter, Watched the NEWS just after thanksgiving, you know the *WAHOO* that comes with it.  I will admit, I have shopped on black Friday MANY times, however this year is NOT one of them.
You can look at my post from yesterday, and it is easy to see that I have NOT be in support of our local stores this year.   Don't get me wrong, I love to support the local economy, however at christmas, I feel it is better to be smart and buy online, rather then "boosting" the economy with debt that I will have to take care of later.
Chris and I have gotten our fair share of "deals" on black Friday.  The year we had Liam, we got a big 50 in TV and a PS3 both for great prices, however, I feel that if we would have just watched what we wanted we could have gotten the exact same items for the same price, without having to wait in line and "FIGHTING" for our items.

Beyond that... When you are shopping the SALE can suck you in.

I honestly hate to admit it, but I have been this lady.So excited for sale, that I have more items then I can carry.  And I don't feel that I am aline, but I get BUYERS REMORSE Big time!! Even worse after a black Friday sale.  Last year we went out shopping, and since the line at our wonderful WAL MART was massive I had time to look at what I had planned to buy and ended up with a few movies and a $10 coffee pot (that was the only thing I wanted last year). I was proud of myself, however thie year, I did the (in my opinion) right thing
.
I however didnt shy away COMPLETELY.  I had almost all of my gifts sitting in my amazon shopping cart, and I pulled up the site a few times between thanksgiving and cyber Monday, and made a few purchases FROM what I already had in my cart.  I did NOT add any items over those days, I just tried to get a deal if I could.  And honestly most of the "deals" at the stores were still more then the cost online. 

This is how I keep to my budget what tools do you use.  


For the record, I try to support local companies when I can, even more when it comes to items that you cant find in stores.  However I don't however really shop at big box stores for items I can get on amazon.  You don't have to like me because of it :( sorry guys! I am just Honest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment