Friday, November 15, 2013

Working the Plan

I have so many ideas in my head, it is sometimes so hard to get all these ideas down, and not make all these posts so jumbled! :)
So far we are 1 week into our new budget, and I am sad to say... things ARE NOT going as well as I had hoped for.  Last weekend we got photos of our boys, and that wasn't really in the budget, also my sister is having a baby shower. So not really working quite how I dreamed, but we are getting there.

In the land of house hunting.  I feel like we are stuck.  It's like in those dreams where you are trying to run, to reach something and the closer you think you are, the further it really is.There are very few that meet our requirements, and if we can find them they are too expensive, or they go faster then we can offer! :)



However, i'm still trying to keep to our budget.  I have been enjoying the world of PINTREST and have found a few ideas I want to share!
http://www.parents.com/blogs/thrifty-frugal-mom/2012/10/15/must-read/menu-plan-what-our-family-of-4-eats-on-200mo/

These are some awesome tips.  I will be trying them over the next week! I hope they will help.

I have started doing 2 different things to help as well.
1.  I love to read.  I don't normally have alot of time, so I love to listen to books on tape (CD). So a few weeks ago, I went to the library.  We have a whole county of them, and if the one by my house doesn't have it, they will transfer it. So far I listed to "A Christmas Carol" in 3 days!  I have 4 more to pick up today, and many of them are money books, so hopefully ill have more money tips! :)
2.  When we firsted moved in with my inlaws using cloth diapers was a pain, so I bought a bunch of disposables, and called it good. However, it is amazing how quickly the cost adds up, so Im back to my cloth.  I will be trying to be better, but if i can just cut down at least 2-3 days a week will help!


Next week I will have some ideas for Holiday savings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment