Sunday, February 9, 2014

Credit Score

I have tried to take a page from Dave's book and not let a credit score define me.  However, as much I wish I could, it isn't always that simple.  As we prepare to get our house started, we are NOT where dave would want us to be.  However, we are doing our plan to see whats going on.  So with this, we do need a credit score.  It does drive me alittle nutty.  A credit score is "how good you are at borrowing money and paying it back"
Right now we still have 2 more loans.  A credit card and a student loan.  We had our credit run to go thought what our best options for our house loan are.  (I hope to post the differences in a few weeks about FHA vs Conv.)  My hubby was alittle disappointed his credit score was lower then mine and alittle lower then we want for our loan.  So, now we have a goal.  Once we put our 5% down to start building our house, it is our goal to get our credit score alittle better.  The reason for the lower score is we dont have alot of open lines of credit (which I feel is AMAING) however, that is not how the FICO sees it.
We are working to pay back half of our cc so our score will go up.  And in a perfect world.. since I really wish we lived in one.  We are working to get our credit card PAID OFF before we close on our house.  I know this is alittle wishful thinking, but if we can make this happy we will be debt free minus the student loan, and with the extra money from the car loan, and the CC. we could be DEBT FREE before we know it!!
Also since Liam won't be in school this summer we get to save an extra bit of money (forget about daycare.. ;) RIGHT? lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment